Life in a Mask

Don’t be fooled by what you see
Coz, I wear a mask, a thousand masks
Afraid to take off and none of them is me
Coz, inside me lays piles of burning faces

A cold war’s on between mind and heart
The very thing I cry out for, I fight against 
And mask is precisely my salvation
That can liberate me from myself
From the barriers, painstakingly erect
Glittering but empty parade of masks

Probing happiness in broken pieces of life
Inside a mask I cry and over the other I smile
Irrational journey, hopelessly endless tracks
The nearer it seems, the blinder it strikes back
Often I give up, but for survival I need to lie
Covered inside masks, I am gonna die

Please listen, try to hear what I'm not saying
Coz, I wear a mask, a thousand masks
Afraid to take off and none of them is me
Coz, inside me lays piles of burning faces!
Coz, inside me lays piles of burning faces!!
Coz, inside me lays piles of burning faces!!!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Lost Traveler

Lost Love

A moment